Monday, 11 November 2013

Crochet birds free pattern

Crochet bird and owl free pattern
Crochet birds
Crochet birds are occupying my space :) I wanted to make cute birds and owls and share my free birds pattern with you. This is very simple pattern but I my opinion birds are very cute.

Continue reading for the pattern and you find out how to make these crochet birds and owls.

Using this pattern you can crochet either bird or owl. They have different eyes and beaks. For birds' beaks and eyes I used a little piece of felt. For owls' beaks I used yarn and for the eyes I used 2 peaces of felt.

Crochet bird and owl free pattern
Crochet birds

Start at the top of the body

Body
Round 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around. (12)
Round 3: *sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around. (18)
Round 4: *sc 2, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around. (24)
Round 5: *sc 3, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around. (30)
Round 6: *sc 4, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around.  (36)
Round 7-12: sc around. (36)
Round 13: * sc 5, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around. (42)
Round 14-15: sc around. (42)
Round 16: *sc 6, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around. (48)
Round 17-24: sc around. (48)
Crochet bird and owl free pattern
Crochet birds

Round 25: *dec 1, sc 6*, repeat around. (42)
Round 26: *dec 1, sc 5*, repeat around. (36)
Round 27: *dec 1, sc 4*, repeat around. (30)
Round 28: *dec 1, sc 3*, repeat around. (24)
Round 29: *dec 1, sc 2*, repeat around. (18)
Round 30: *dec 1, sc 1*, repeat around. (12)
Round 31: *dec 1*, repeat around. (6)
Fasten off and weave in ends.

Wings
Round 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around. (12)
Round 3: *sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around. (18)
Round 4-5: sc around. (18)
Round 6: *Dec1, sc7* repeat twice (16)
Round 7: *Dec1, sc6* repeat twice (14)
Round 8: *Dec1, sc5* repeat twice (12)
Round 9: *Dec1, sc4* repeat twice (10)
Round 10: *Dec1, sc3* repeat twice (8)
Fasten off and attach wings to the body.

Ears (just for owls)
Round 1: 4 sc in magic ring (4)
Round 2: *2 sc in next sc, sc 1*, repeat around. (6)
Round 3: *2 sc in next sc, sc 2*, repeat around. (8)
Round 4: sc around. (8)
Fasten off and attach ears to the body.

Have a happy crocheting time :) 

Crochet bird and owl free pattern
Crochet birds

22 comments:

  1. these are adorable! thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did you used for the eye the black dots,and what kind of yarn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! For the blue birds eyes I used black beads. Now I use safety eyes (there is a red-grey owl in Facebook). I used Egypto Cotton by Schachenmayr original. This is my favorite yarn because this cotton is very soft.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely i linked it on my public FB site
    https://www.facebook.com/jennekevm?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing - very generous, i have to make one for a new baby in my family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! ! Thank you for sharing. .what size hook did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used No. 1,5. But actually it depends on the yarn you have. Your hook should be proportionate the yarn you use.

      Delete
  7. I am sorry if I sound silly but I don't see the answer anywhere. How do you *Dec1? I know that dec stands for decelerate but that is as far as I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever get an answer to this?

      Delete
    2. Hi! Sorry for late answer but dec stands for decrease. That means you use up 2 stitches and are left with one. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I used fiberfill. But you also can use cotton or other natural material.

      Delete
  9. Wow They're Great, Thank you for Pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your work! I am gonna try it now. Could you tell how to make the colored owls like in the picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The pattern is the same for colored and plain owls. Firstly you should have 3 colors yarn. When you crochet body you should crochet the first 16 rounds in one color and the change color. Crochet 2 rounds using the other color and then change color. And do so every 2 rounds till you finish the pattern. Hope that's clear :)

      Delete
  11. Hi.Love your little owls. Can't wait to try them. Can you advise he hook size and yarn used. Thank's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love these wee fellows, can't wait to try them!

      Delete
  12. Really lovely!! Thanks for sharing! I'll try them in different colours!

    ReplyDelete